Friday, June 17, 2011

Dedication


I am so distracted. Obviously there is a lot going on in my life; I have three kids, I am married, I maintain a household, I homeschool, on and on. But there are things I want to do, I need to do. One of those things is maintain this blog. One post a week isn't going to suffice. I want to get to the point where I blog everyday, but right now I need a smaller goal, a stepping stone if you will, to get there.

Blog goal #1: Blog on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Something else I need to do sufficiently is add photos to my Etsy shop. I do this on a regular basis, but I'm missing a system, a workflow so I want to bump it up a bit.

Etsy shop goal #1: Add at least one photo everyday and preferably two-three.

I will not sacrifice quality for quantity so if somedays all I have is one great photo, then all I'll add is one great photo. No fluff, just the good stuff.

Extra things I enjoy doing, but shouldn't be my focus (or steal my precious time!) is facebook and twitter, even for business. Seriously, don't you just get lost there sometimes? I find myself clickin' through link after link and before I know it, my dedicated computer time (aka: nap time for the kids) is over and I haven't really accomplished anything.

In order to be successful there are really only two basic foundations: 1. passion (got it) and 2. dedication (workin' on it). I can have all the passion in the world for my photography and art, but if I lack dedication to the cause, I will fail and failure is not an option.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment