Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day + One Year Older ~ One Long Sunday Blog

I had always wanted children. When I was 10 I'd take the young foster children who stayed with us to the school playground around the block and pretend I was their mother. I'd pack them a snack and bring along a washcloth to clean up their hands and faces before we headed home because that's what mothers do. I used to play Mama to my teddy bear (donned in blue overalls with rainbow suspenders and missing an eye) who was always getting into trouble. I'd have long talks with him about the difference between right and wrong. You know, moral lessons. I dreamed up nursery schemes for boys and girls ('cause I truly looked forward to having both) and I pondered names I might choose (first, middle & sometimes last depending on who I had a crush on at the time.) By the time I was 18 I had two baby outfits I was saving (one boy & one girl, of course) should I be so blessed.
                                      Mothers Day & 28th Birthday 2011 ~  Photo by Kyle.
Then it happened. It really happened! I had an absolutely perfect pregnancy and delivered an absolutely perfect baby girl in March of 2006. Then it happened again. It really happened again! Our healthy, beautiful baby boy came in April of 2007. But wait, it happened again! Seriously. Our sweet, precious baby girl arrived in September 2009. I have been so blessed. Now that I'm 28 years old (today!) and have three incredible munchkins, I am so very overwhelmed with the love I have for them. I am honored to be called their mother.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment