Thursday, May 19, 2011

Non-Springy Photo Walk ~ One Long Sunday Blog

Changing seasons always bring me a renewed sense of hope, new inspiration provided by none other than the Creator himself. I look forward to sunny oceanside photos, fiery autumn leaves, & snow dusted Douglas Firs. But spring...oh spring is one of the best & one of the worst. Seriously. I love when the grass begins to grow, the trees begin to bloom, and the flowers begin to sprout, grow, and open. However, I am so attracted to the beauty of flowers that my lens (naturally) is attracted to them too. Before I know it I've shot 2,000 photos this week & 1,999 are of flowers. Haha, ok that's an exaggeration, but just know that it feels that way. Don't get me wrong, I do love flowers, but my mind's eye needs a bit of tickling now and again. So this last weekend, instead of going on a springy photo excursion, I chose to go on an urban, non-springy photo walk.


This is Old Town Beaverton. Didn't have enough time before dinner to make it in to Portland, but there's always next time and this did the trick anyhow.


Of course, the kiddos found flowers to capture. One of their favorite subjects :)


Who has these at their barber shops anymore? LOVE it!


This is some kind of historical society (I forget which one, sorry!) They were featuring quilts and such. Love this old hand crank sewing machine.


 And a hand crank mini-singer :)


 Mmmmmmm...Beaverton Bakery.


Baby, stuck in the wagon :(


Yep, they have their own sweet (working) clock.


The clock's innards. Is that a word used outside of the poultry market?


Dreamin' or droolin' or both.






 The kids thought this alley way was creepy.


 I thought it was cool.


Going up?


I think this was an old washer. It's a planter now.


 It's about time.


She wants out. I let her.


Seriously can't escape it for long. Snapped this once we got home :)


2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures. They made me feel as if I was part of the adventure trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gladys! I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete